Full Time Employee
$13 to $16 per hour
Reports to the Accounting Specialist
General Description of Duties: This position acts as receptionist receives payments, applications for facility use, maintains the calendar of events and activities provides basic information regarding the Port and answers the telephone and greets people coming into the offices. Makes copies, takes messages and generally supports the various departments and functions of the Port. Properly documents and registers all payments in the QuickBooks system.
Provides general information, assistance, and answers questions from customers.
Work Tasks Include:
1. Front desk telephone reception. Responsible for disseminating specific and basic information regarding the Port and community. Routing specific and technical requests to other staff members to handle.
2. Maintains BreezeBy accounts for customers.
3. Takes customer/public complaints and routes them to the appropriate staff.
4. Issues keys and maintains record of on key holders, with the check out and return list of keys.
5. Assists in completing mailings, supports the dissemination of the monthly and or special newsletters.
6. Always keeps the front office/reception area neat and clean.
7. Provides clerical support to the departments as the workload allows.
8. Performs secretarial work including typing, word processing, mail. Filing and other projects as designated by the Department Head.
9. Makes copies for staff and the public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Equivalent to a high school diploma and preferably an AA degree or major schoolwork in office management, public relations, or a related field.
1. 2-3 years’ experience in office work or customer service.
2. A high school diploma or GED.
3. An Oregon Driver’s License. (Can substitute a Washington License)
4. Good customer service techniques.
5. Experience in data entry, computation, and tabulation with reasonably good speed.
To apply, please fill out the questionnaire below: