Full Time Employee
$13.50 to $16 per hour
Reports to the Accounting Specialist
General Description of Duties: This position acts as receptionist receives payments, applications for facility use, maintains the calendar of events and activities provides basic information regarding the Port and answers the telephone and greets people coming into the offices. Makes copies, takes messages and supports the various departments and functions of the Port. Properly documents and registers all payments in the QuickBooks system.
Provides general information, assistance, and answers questions from customers.
Work Tasks Include:
- Front desk telephone reception. Responsible for disseminating specific and basic information regarding the Port and community. Routing specific and technical requests to other staff members to handle.
- Enter invoices and bills into the accounting software.
- Maintains accurate records.
- Maintains BreezeBy accounts for customers.
- Perform reconciliations of various fees, including merchant fees, parking fees, cash deposits and others.
- Preparing bank deposits.
- Takes customer/public complaints and routes them to the appropriate staff.
- Daily mailings, supports the dissemination of the monthly and our special newsletters.
- Always keeps the front office/reception area neat and clean.
- Provides clerical support to the departments as the workload allows.
- Performs secretarial work including typing, word processing, mail. Filing and other projects as designated by the Department Head.
- Makes copies for staff and the public.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Equivalent to a high school diploma and preferably an AA degree or major schoolwork in office management, public relations, or a related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in office work or customer service.
- Must satisfactorily complete a pre-employment drug test, physical and criminal background check.
- An Oregon Driver’s License. (Can substitute a Washington License)
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have experience in managing cash, processing payments, working with computer applications, such as Excel.
- Have basic computer and math skills and ability to communicate well.
- Be able to stand, sit, and use a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Be able to lift 30 to 40 pounds.
To apply, please fill out the questionnaire below: