The Port of Cascade Locks is taking applications for an exempt full-time/year-round seasoned Bridge Supervisor for the 24-hour Toll Booth operation.
Functions include day-to-day operations of the Toll Booth, supervising the Bridge team, scheduling, managing the POS system, compliance with applicable regulations, and providing coverage of the Toll Booth and others.
Fast paced, customer service-oriented environment with varied hours to ensure coverage, supervision, and all hours on-call response to urgent situations.
Requires extended periods of standing and lifting of up to 30 lbs.
The Port of Cascade Locks is an Equal Opportunity Employer & pre-employment drug testing and background check is required. A pre-employment physical may be required. Job open until filled.
(Full-time, Year Round)
General Description of Duties: This position works under the direction of Bridge Manager or designee, to primarily oversee the day-to-day operation of the Toll Booth. This position will spend some time taking tolls, but will also provide time to manage, supervise and ensure full compliance with adopted standard operating procedures. The supervisor will develop the schedule for all staff in the toll booth, conduct evaluations of the toll booth employees, solve problems and make recommendations for improvements and changes over time as needed.
Responsible for ensuring all tolls are collected and documented, scheduling staff so that heavy use times are adequately covered and that the Toll Booth collects all funds required and necessary according to Commission policy.
This position requires good communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with staff as well as customers at the Booth. The Supervisor is responsible for record keeping and reporting required.
This position is responsible for responding to any emergency that occurs at the Toll Booth or coordinating for emergency response as needed.
Specific job responsibilities may include:
- Setting the work schedule of Toll Collectors monthly and adjusting as needed.
- Taking tolls and serving customers for a part of the time.
- Solving problems at the Toll Booth.
- Training and providing support.
- Supervising and evaluating Toll Collectors annually.
- Ensuring effective operation of the Point of Sale system.
- Reporting daily, weekly and monthly traffic and revenue at the Toll Booth.
- Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures and standardization of processes as required.
- Assisting in the development of standard operating procedures at the Toll Booth.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position or at the Toll Booth to include supervision in a 24-hour or multi-shift operation.
- Leadership or management experience.
- Experience in report writing and POS operations.