In 2020, the Port of Cascade Locks implemented paid parking on Port owned properties: Marine Park and Business Park.
While residents of the Port District will not have to pay for their parked time, we expect the funds generated by others will offset the cost of the parking monitors who will routinely survey parked vehicles. While typically parks are operated by cities or Park & Rec districts, which are supported by district residents’ taxes, that is not the case for Marine Park. The irrigation, beautification, clean up, paving, equipment, such as playground and picnic benches are not currently supported by the residents of the Port district. It currently costs $540,000 annually to maintain the park. Parking fees will allow for a path towards a self-sustained operation of the park. An added benefit will be that, the Port will have staff monitoring properties after hours and on weekends and can report conditions.
The Port partnered with application designer Passport, Inc. to create an easy-to-use mobile payment application to keep visits in our recreational areas simple and seamless.
Say hello to convenient parking with the Passport Parking app! No more digging for coins. This is how parking should be. Pay, extend, and manage your parking session with just a few taps. It’s easy! Just park where you see Passport Parking app signs & decals, pay for your parking session from your phone, and be on your way.
What are the benefits of using Passport Parking?
No coins, no problem:
- Pay quickly and securely with your phone.
- Forget refilling the meter in the rain or braving the cold.
- Get alerts when your parking session is about to end.
- Stop worrying about how much time is left on the meter.
No need to rush:
- Add time to your parking session directly from your phone.
- Your plans change, your parking spot shouldn’t. Simply extend your parking session via our app.
- Receive email receipts at the end of your parking session.
- Expenses made easy, manage your parking history through the mobile app.
How do I pay for parking with Passport Parking?
- Download the Passport Parking app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Create an account with your mobile phone number or email address.
- Park anywhere you see Passport Parking app signs & decals.
- Pay for your parking session from your phone.
- Extend your time remotely if you’d like to stay longer!
Still have questions? Check out our FAQs .
Park. Pay. Be On Your Way. ® with the Passport Parking app!
CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY.
© 2018 Passport. All rights reserved.
Resident Parking Permits are now available to residents of the Port District. Parking Permits properly displayed on vehicles will allow resident of the Port District to park at any Port-owned property, exempt from paying any parking fees. Parking Permits are free to port district residents. To pick up your parking permit, bring in your vehicle registration showing local residency to the Port Office.
Failure to properly pay for parking or display resident parking permit will result in the issuing of a citation to the offender.